ALCTS - Association of Library Collections & Technical Services

Program of Work, April – October 2005

Links have been added to PDF versions of the documents cited. Note that access to JSC documents requires an ID and password.

The purpose of these documents is to facilitate the work of the Committee and to provide a means for outreach to both library and non-library cataloging communities. The documents are intended for the exclusive use of CC:DA and its cataloging constituencies. Under no circumstances should the information here be copied or re-transmitted without prior consultation with the current Chair of CC:DA.

Date Action Item Action Taken
April 24-28 JSC Meeting in Chicago ———
May ??? Deadline for documents for ALA Annual Conference ———
June 13 Response to LC/1/Rev and AACR3/I/Editor follow-up/1 Done (5/13/2005): AACR3/I/Editor follow-up/1/ALA response
June 25 & 27 CC:DA Meetings at ALA Annual Conference ———
July 11 Proposals re: special rules in Chapter 21 due to CC:DA Call for proposals received (5/30/2005): 5JSC/Chair/5
July 25 ALA proposals re: special rules in Chapter 21 Done (7/25/2005): Chair/5/ALA follow-up
July 25 Response to LC/2 Done (7/26/2005): LC/2/ALA response
Aug. 1 New proposals for October JSC Meeting are due! ———
Aug. 1 Proposal on technical description of digital media Delayed; progress report due Sept. 12
Aug. 22 Report of the Task Force on the Review of DCRM(B) Done (8/22/2005): CC:DA/TF/DCRM(B)/3
Aug. 31 Comments on DCRM(B) are due Done (8/30/2005): CC:DA/Chair/2005-2006/1
Sept. 12 All Responses to proposals for the October JSC Meeting are due! ———
Sept. 12 Comments on LC proposals re: Terminology for music Done (9/9/2005): AACR3/I/LC response/ALA response
Sept. 12 Status report from the TF on Technical Description of Digital Media Done (9/9/2005): ALA/1
Sept. 12 Response to ACOC rep/1 on levels of description and access Done (9/12/2005): ACOC Rep/1/ALA response
Sept. 12 Response to proposals to simplify AACR2 Chapter 21 special rules Done (9/11/2005): Chair/5/Sec follow-up/ALA response
Sept. 12 Response to LC proposal for archival and manuscript resources Done (9/14/2005): LC/3/ALA response
Sept. 12 Response to LC proposal on musical format information Done (9/15/2005): LC/4/ALA response
Oct. 10-13 JSC Meeting in London, England ———
Oct. 23 Comments on Functional Requirements for Authority Records are due Document posted on IFLAnet; Task Force report distributed (10/19/2005)
Oct. 31 Report of the TF on Revision of “Cataloging Microform Sets”  
Dec. 2005-
Feb. 2006
Response to new draft of Part I of RDA  
Feb. 2006 ALA proposals re: special rules in Chapters 22-25  
June-Sept. 2006 Response to draft of Part II of RDA  
Dec. 2006-
Feb. 2007
Response to draft of Part III of RDA  

Rev. 10/19/05